“Frequently Asked Questions” – Oct 2, 2021
1. Do the BC Provincial Health Orders for “proof of vaccination requirements” apply to the OWA complex and indoor pickleball play?
- The OWA complex is defined as a recreational facility under the PHO order and access to the building and ability to play requires “proof of vaccination requirements” for adults 22 years of age and older.
- All YOUTH indoor recreational sport is EXEMPT from proof of vaccination requirements.
- Youth Sport is defined as individuals 21 years old and younger.
2. What are the “VACCINATION” requirements for the OWA complex?
By order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), proof of Covid vaccination will be required to ENTER the OWA complex and to play as follows:
- By Sept 13, 2021, VPA members, guests and the public who are 22 years of age and older must be partially vaccinated with 1 dose (must be Health Canada approved) **
- By October 24, 2 doses are required ( you are fully vaccinated 7 days after dose 2) **
** All indoor youth recreational sport is EXEMPT from proof of vaccination requirements
3. What is the “proof of vaccination requirements” for the OWA complex?
- A BC vaccination passport for BC Residents AND...
- One piece of valid government ID with your photo if you are older than 18 years of age
NOTE: for those who are residents of another Province/Territory or Country please see questions # 6 and # 7
4. What is the BC vaccination passport?
The new BC passport is available in digital form with your name and a QR code. This can be saved on your mobile device or printed off.
you can request a new “BC vaccine card” to carry in your wallet if you do not have a mobile device. Call 1-833-838-2323 open 7 days per week 7 am to 7 pm. This NEW BC vaccine card will be mailed to you
5. Is the vaccination paper card that I received at my pharmacy (Astra Zeneca) or at an IHA vaccination clinic a BC vaccination passport?
The paper vaccination cards that you received at a pharmacy or health authority Covid vaccine clinic are NOT a “BC vaccine passport “and are no longer accepted as proof of vaccination in BC
6. What is the proof of Covid vaccination requirement if I am from another Provinces, Territory or from Outside of the Country?
Scenario A – I am a resident of another Canadian Province/Territory
Individuals from other Canadian provinces or territories must show:
- Provincially/territorially “officially recognized” vaccine record
- Valid government photo ID from the same province or territory
Scenario B – I am a resident of another country i.e. Mexico, USA, England, France etc
International visitors must show:
- Proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada – used for the “ArriveCAN app” application
- Current Passport
7. What if I am a BC resident but had one or both Covid vaccinations done in another country?
For example, the USA, Mexico, England etc
If you are a BC Resident and got one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in another province or country, you must:
- Register with the Get Vaccinated provincial registration system
- Submit proof of an official immunization record. It will be entered into the Provincial Immunization Registry – NOTE: this could take 2 -3 weeks to process
8. If the BC passport requires a mobile device i.e a cell phone, a tablet or an ipad, what do I do if I do not have a mobile device OR if I don’t have very good computer skills?
Call 1-833-838-2323 open 7 days per week 7 am to 7 pm
Visit your local Service BC office for assistance
You will need your PHN number, your birth date, your vaccination(s) dates and valid government photo ID
9. If I get vaccinated after September 13, 2021 am I able to book or play at the OWA Complex?
a) Once you are vaccinated with your first dose, apply for your BC Vaccination passport. Contact the VPA to have your BC vaccine passport and your valid BC Govt ID with photo verified. Once verified, you may then enter the OWA complex and book for play until October 23, 2021
b) If you are a resident from another Province/Territory, provide your officially defined vaccination record for dose # 1 to a VPA designate for validation as set out by your Province or Territory
c) On October 24, 2021, you must be fully vaccinated in order to enter and play at the OWA complex. NOTE: you are fully vaccinated 7 days after dose #2
d) Once you get your dose #2 and 7 days later, get your BC vaccination passport updated. Contact the VPA to have your passport re-verified and our data base updated to show that you are now fully vaccinated
e) If you are a resident from another Province/Territory, provide your Provincial or Territory “officially defined vaccination record” for dose # 1 and dose # 2 to the VPA for verification. Once verified you are entered into our system to enter, book and play at the OWA.